1 min read
SMG provides workplace safety consulting, training, safety staffing, and safety program planning and implementation for construction firms, automotive, utilities, and healthcare facilities nationwide. More than 200 of their associates work from mobile devices as they travel to job sites, while the executive and finance teams work at their Indianapolis, Indiana, headquarters.
For over 10 of their almost 30-year history, SMG has been using a number of solutions to manage their operations, including Sage for GL and payables, BQE Software for time and AR, Concur for expenses, F9 Software for financial reporting, Access database for conversion files, and multiple spreadsheets for various items. They also used Salesforce for CRM but stopped because of maintenance and integration issues.
Their seven systems proved to be manually intensive and error-prone, and Rebecca struggled with cut-off issues. It was not a sustainable situation for growing their business, and after joining SMG in 2018, one of her first decisions as CFO was finding and converting the organization to a single, modern solution. She wanted a cloud-and-app-based ERP that could sustain growth, integrate their needs from CRM to invoicing, handle job costing, and provide visibility to key personnel.
With Acumatica located in the cloud, it literally is no different sitting here at home or in my office chair, and it’s
like that for my team. The functionality is the same, everyone is productive, and that’s a huge relief.
– Rebecca Ogle, CFO
Frustrated with its seven disconnected software systems and the dysfunction they caused; SMG replaced all seven applications with Acumatica. The company deployed and adopted Acumatica’s cloud-based system with project accounting, transforming and mobilizing the entire organization, including field services.
• Obtained one week every month for CFO to spend on strategic business initiatives
• Shaved 10 hours per week of payroll supervisors time to take on new tasks and
resume part-time schedule
• Acquired detailed reporting and dashboards with project-level drill down, keeping management team in sync
• Streamlined field service team member workflows with robust mobile app functionality
• Consolidated time and expense reporting into a single source of data, eliminating manual reconciliations
• Increased efficiency with seamless software integration & quick personalization
• Shifted to work from home instantly when the Global Pandemic hit
• Saved more than $50,000 avoiding per-user licensing fees in the first year alone
Transforming with Acumatica Cloud ERP
FORECASTING FOR GROWTH WITH ACUMATICA CLOUD ERP
The SMG team is confident the company will continue to grow with Acumatica as its technology platform.
“The way we were doing things was outdated and it wasn’t allowing us to operate in the most efficient and cost-effective manner,” President Randy says in SMG’s Acumatica customer success story. “Acumatica better aligns with our growth path and ever-evolving business needs.”
If your company is looking for cloud ERP software to help you fuel growth, feel free to contact us with any questions and/or schedule a demonstration.